Parish Bulletin Article: "Verses in the Bible": 7-26-20
This past two weeks we have heard a clear proclamation from the prophet, Isaiah, and Jesus Christ. Both reminded the culture back then and now, that we must have ears to hear, and eyes to see. Sadly, many people do not hear or see the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Thus, I wanted to type some verses from the Scriptures that may really support your journey towards heaven. Enjoy!
· Micah 6:8: “He has showed you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?”
· Proverbs: 27: “Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another.”
· Sirach 6:14-17: “A faithful friend is a sturdy shelter: he that has found one has found a treasure. There is nothing so precious as a faithful friend, and no scales can measure his excellence. A faithful friend is an elixir of life; and those who fear the Lord will find him. Whoever fears the Lord directs his friendship aright, for as he is, so is his neighbor also.”
· Matthew 5:9: “Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God.”
· Matthew 11:28-30: “Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me; for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”
· Matthew 28:19-20: “Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, to the close of the age.”
· Romans 8:26: “Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with sighs too deep for words.”
Always hear, with your ears, as you listen to the readings at Mass. And see, as you use your eyes to see the Scriptures.
The best news (pun intended) is in the BIBLE!